How to make selectable options for reject message?

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Amazinger21, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Amazinger21

Amazinger21 New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi I am a new mTurk requester user. When I reject a HIT, a reject assignment message is required. Since many times the rejection reasons will be all the same, I wonder how I can make selectable options to save time. Thanks in advance.

2. billy

billy Active Turker

Ratings:
    +544
    If you are a new requester, you should be doing everything in your power not to reject. It will ruin your reputation.
    Are you sure workers are not doing sub par work because of sub par instructions?
    Do you have your hits open to the entire world?
    Are you not paying a fair wage and just getting scamming workers?
    Raise your qualification standards to 99% approval and above and over 10000 hits submitted. Communicate with workers to why they are not completing your hits properly. If your hits pay under .20 each, you should not be rejecting anyone. Is your reputation worth the $5 or $10 you lose to scammers? You should be running test batches and removing workers who do not preform properly before you reject.

Can you give more information about the hits you are publishing? Type of hit, pay, time taken to complete, qualifications when posting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    All of this

4. Amazinger21

Amazinger21 New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks so much for your reply. I understand all what you said. However, I do have reasons to reject those whose accuracy is only at chance level, which will never be so if they have indeed do the HIT normally. My pay rate is normally over 70% because most workers meet the requirement very well. So I believe those at chance level do not meet the requirement.

Whatever, what I want to ask here is only a technical issue, that is, how to add those options in mTurk. I believe many other requesters also need this.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Yikes Yikes x 1
  5. jim718181

jim718181 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,539
    Going on to a worker site and asking for help on how to reject more efficiently would be like me walking into a police station and asking how could I get away with crimes. I do not think you are going to get the answer you are looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Amazinger21

Amazinger21 New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for telling me this. My mistake. Just ignore my question then.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fuzzy_Dunlop

Fuzzy_Dunlop Turker

Ratings:
    +58
    I'd say this is an unfair assessment and the negativity seems pretty ungroovy.

Consider the following:

+ MTurk accounts are a commodity, purchased and/or traded in nefarious corners of the world wide web
    + Fraudulent accounts are often managed by fraudsters
    + Fraudsters do not submit with same quality that our community members do
    + Freshly created fraudulent accounts have a 100% approval rate
    + There is a qualification for approval ratings
    + Good workers cannot reject fraudulent workers
    + Requesters can reject fraudulent workers
    = Rejections are good

Maybe not so much that last part, but they have the potential for good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Amazinger21

Amazinger21 New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    Cannot agree more. Rejection is a way to ensure fairness for good workers.

9. billy

billy Active Turker

Ratings:
    +544
    Yes you can do it and fully automate the approval/rejection process.
    I would not help you with this. You do not care about being a good requester nor the wellbeing of the people who work for you. You deserve your reputation and the quality of work you receive. If you are rejecting so much work that it is a hassle to input different rejection reasons you should not be on the platform.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Amazinger21

Amazinger21 New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    Do you mean a good requester as never reject workers? I don't believe any requester is like that.
    I didn't mean to reject hits automatically. I check each hits very carefully. The rejection only occurs when they indeed did not meet my requirement, which I already have told them before they start the hit. If a worker indeed made effort to the hit (even though not strictly meet my requirement), I will consider to approve.
    Always remember, the mTurk platform enables to reject (and block) workers because it aims to serve those faithful workers. Opportunity should always be offered to those guys.