Howdy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lupis, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lupis

Lupis Turker

Ratings:
    +180
    Hey hope y'all are doing okay. Just wanted to give a hi since I've been stalking the daily threads the last few days lmao.
    So far as basic info goes I'm an 18 year old guy that has worked at 7 different jobs and hated them all, so I found something that I would genuinely enjoy and want to do but that requires capital so I started Mturking.
    Started 4 days ago and I literally cannot believe the money I'm making. First day I did $75 and since then I am averaging $98/day with 64 hits/day. Although that is with 14-17 hours spent a day doing this and more pots of coffee than I can count. As far as scripts I'm just using MTurk Suite.

A couple questions I would love to have answered is:
    1. I still have a trial account for 6 more days and I average about 30-40% returns so I try to stay at a minimum of $1.50/hit so I can get to my daily goal of $100 within my allotted 100 hits. So what I'm wondering is it going to be noticeably easier to hit this goal with a full fledged account or about the same?
    2. Are weekends always this bad, I've made $7 in the last 3 hours :((((((( I would assume batches are better to do one the weekend?
    3. Opinions on batches vs not batches? Currently averaging I think $6.5/hr doing non batch work if my math is correct.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2017
  2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Welcome

Weekends can be bad if you are expecting to constantly work and if you don't have experience of knowing what drops and quals ect ect.

Batches almost always end up being better imo but surveys can sometimes be good filler until you get sick of them. Also some surveys are just REALLY good and pay well ect so those are worth doing.

Personally I avoid doing anything that is below $10/hr and most of the stuff that I do is >$20/hr

It will take awhile to get to get a hang of mturk but assuming this isn't an elaborate troll from someone you are doing better than most people on /r/mturk and various other places after years lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. gurlondrums

gurlondrums Cracker of the Step Whip

Ratings:
    +76,023
    [​IMG]

1. Yes. You will then have a daily cap of 3800 hits.
    2. Yes, normally. They can be okay or even decent from time to time too though. Alerts are important there.
    3. I prefer batches but will do surveys if I have to. Money is money.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gurlondrums

Ratings:
    +76,023
    Wow, you were polite and I agree with you. Quick, say something snobbish about RAM or tea so I can :hitwithrock:

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. thewetnoodle007

thewetnoodle007 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,245
    Already making way more than me and I've been doing it for months lol. Sounds like you have an insane work ethic, which I unfortunately can't say about myself lol.

• Love Love x 1
  6. Lupis

Lupis Turker

Ratings:
    +180
    Wow thank you, this is extremely assuring, and I really hope I can't get close to the point you are at one day :emoji_grinning: also CANNOT WAIT to do batch work then, just four more days.

And I'm cracking up about what you said as far as Reddit. I use that site a ton but after checking the subreddit it was so depressing I came here. And I can see how this might be seen as an elaborate troll cause I'm the only person I've seen so far making close to as much as I am in such a short time after starting, so just people don't think I'm being a dick or something heres proof

• Like Like x 1
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  7. Lupis

Lupis Turker

Ratings:
    +180
    Thanks, I'm definitely doing better than I expected to be doing :emoji_smile:
    As far as work ethic I just hope I can keep up with it. It's a marathon and not a sprint just like any other job, and putting in 100+ hours a week means little if I can't keep it up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    The only thing that I would be worried about is your approval rating right now. It is a good idea to keep it above 99% or you get locked out of a lot of stuff.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  9. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    The way I do mturk and a few others that works pretty well is that I'm already a NEET if you don't count mturk (or I guess hikikomori would fit better here) so I'm on my computer all day anyways. Whenever I hear good stuff popup I work on it and then go back to whatever I was doing before. (Reddit/Anime/Video games ect)

In an average day I only really actively work 4 hours or so spread out over the day but that is after over a year of mturk experience improving my workflow so I can passively search instead of actively search for work.

I dick around on the forums every more than I work lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. gurlondrums

Ratings:
    +76,023
    Yeah, this. It'll be a little hard because you have less wiggle room than us right now, but after you hit 1k, go after Amazon Requester Inc. - Customer Interests. They're penny batches but good for padding.

11. gurlondrums

Ratings:
    +76,023
    [​IMG]

12. gurlondrums

Ratings:
    +76,023
    Oh also, try to transfer your earnings daily from mturk to Payments. Bad things can happen to a worker's account (unlikely but...) and you'll lose any money you had holding there. You don't have to transfer daily from Payments to bank though.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  13. Lupis

Lupis Turker

Ratings:
    +180
    Yeah definitely not happy with already having 3 rejects, been trying my best to not get anymore and will be doing as much as I can to drive that number down when my account is off trial.

14. Lupis

Lupis Turker

Ratings:
    +180
    Thanks I'll for sure check that out when I'm at 1k, shouldn't be terribly much longer.

Super excited to get to batch work after reading these replies, also want to thank everyone for the helpful responses and and friendliness of this forum! :emoji_smile:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    It would be worth emailing the requesters to see if you can get those rejects. I think? that you can click the requester name on the hit that was rejected to get a contact link but I don't know how your stuff looks and how much of my stuff is scripts lol

Oh btw is your mturk account new? Are you forced you to go to the worker.mturk website instead of the old www?

@ChrisTurk (our admin) might want you to be a guinea pig to test out the behavior of it if you are because the rest of us might be switching to a similar setup on the 15th if it works out how we are expecting it to.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    oh and you should be aware that this will still be work lol but after getting your workflow improved some and learning some scripts that most people use (to panda ect) you should be able to get >$300 a week if you try. Even more if you go ham all day but that will burn out out at some point lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lupis

Lupis Turker

Ratings:
    +180
    Yeah I have messaged everyone of those requests asking to re do it free of charge, but no luck yet with resolving it for any of them.

My M Turk account is I think 4-5 days old and I am not forced on the new site, I can use the old one but stopped after the first day because I prefer the new one. Also yeah I'll totally help you guys and @ChrisTurk if he wants me to :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I don't directly use either site that much besides when I am actually working in my queue and for that I use worker but the reason that we like having both sites is that you are given around 1 query to a second per a side of mturk.

~1 for www and ~1 for worker until you start getting PREs. You can spread out those requests to mturk with your scripts however you would like and works best for you ect.

This might all change soon but dunno it is hard to tell how they are going to do it.

19. Lupis

Lupis Turker

Ratings:
    +180
    Wow thank you! I did not know that. :D
    Both sites still receive the same HITs though right?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  20. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    yeah

For pandaing with something like panda crazy that is what we all do or you can't turk at all these days pretty much lol

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.