[Please Help!] I need my past 30 days of work pay and hours?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by xkryptonite, Mar 8, 2022.

1. xkryptonite

xkryptonite New Turker

Ratings:
    +32
    I do Mturk for income and my mother had a call from the government telling us that they are going to end our food stamps unless I show proof of my income. I had already sent in my Mturk income from my worker dashboard page, but apparently, they don't like it. The lady on the phone was so mean to me and kept saying that "I worked for Amazon, so call your HR person and get the information or we're ending your assistance."

I tried explaining to her what I do and she just wouldn't listen. What do I do now? We are very poor and I do Mturk to help pay bills and I barely get by with it, if they end our food stamps, we will literally go broke. Does someone know where I get my last 30 days proof of income from?

2. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,213
    That sucks. I do not think Amazon provides that kind of information. Dashboard is all you are likely to get from them, but you should send Amazon a message to be 100% sure.

I can't seem to find the post, but I have seen discussion of turkers using 3rd party services to generate paystubs. Hopefully someone else will chime in with more knowledge. In the meantime, you can probably search for gig workers creating paystubs.

3. jim718181

jim718181 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,557
    Tell them you do not work for amazon. You are a self-employed independent contractor. If they still need proof of income get the direct deposit statements from your bank.

• Like Like x 1
  4. xkryptonite

xkryptonite New Turker

Ratings:
    +32
    I just went to their office and spoke with them. They kept referring to it as Amazon Flex, which I kept saying no it's Mturk. The screenshot says Mturk on it even. Then they told me they will send papers in the mail for me to fill out again. So I have to provide the exact same information again a second time lol.

Also, according to them, bank statements are not proof of income, which I basically fell on the floor laughing after they told me that.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Yikes Yikes x 1