Imgur Data Breach & Account Security

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by ChrisTurk, Nov 30, 2017.

1. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Unless you messed up on another website - your TurkerHub data is perfectly safe!

Due to imgur recently losing all their user data I'm asking all members to take a moment to look into their account security both here and on mTurk.

Its very important to not re-use passwords across different websites. Members here and on reddit have had their accounts compromised recently because of a data breach relating to imgur. While this doesn't directly affect TurkerHub if you re-used the same password on other websites as here, people can use those breaches to access your account. The same goes for mTurk itself!

So please take a moment to change your password here to something unique (but hopefully memorable!) and do the same for mTurk if you've re-used the same credentials anywhere else online. Do not use the same password for mTurk as ANYWHERE!

Also consider enabled 2 factor authentication (2FA for short) for both sites to increase the overall security of your account. 2FA for TurkerHub can be enabled here and when you login you'll have the option to "trust" your device for 30 days so you wont have to enter a code every time.
    [​IMG]

Instructions for enabled 2FA on mturk itself can be found here thanks to @Trickydude24.

Thanks!

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 5
    • Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2