Is there a script for searching for qualification Hits?

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Nnaemeka, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Nnaemeka

Nnaemeka Turker

Ratings:
    +12
    I discovered that 60% of the Hits I accepted through MTS are Hits for which I do not qualify for because the requester asked for qualifications. So, I have to return them. Everyday, I go to the mturk site to look for Hits whose qualifications I can request for so that I do not have this High return rate. But the task of doing so is cumbersome. Please, is there a Script that will notify me when qualification Hits are posted by requesters or that can tell me when a Hit will help me get the requested qualifications so that I can reduce my Hit return rate? I will really be happy about this.
    Thanks

2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    I don't think that there's anything that does exactly what you're looking for, but Overwatch has a function that looks for qualifications. I can't say much about it as I don't really use it, but it's the closest thing I can think of to what your asking. I wouldn't really worry about your return rate. Mine sits at around 30% and I have seen no ill effects from it.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  3. slothbear

slothbear Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,069
    Like @Ornac said, there isn't a script that knows what 'screening qualifications' (demographics) a HIT has in it, if I'm understanding the question correctly. I think the qualifications you are talking about are different than the requestable qualifications, since those are required to have in order to accept the HIT. The good news about having to throw something back because you don't fit the correct demographics or whatever, is that return rate doesn't really affect anything. I can think of only one time a requester had a return rate qualification on their work. My return rate is 35% btw.

Overwatch was a cool script that was very helpful and sort of ahead of the curve for a bit, but it isn't being supported anymore and there is a vulnerability that leaves users open to some malicious code if a requester really wanted to ruin some turkers' day. Maybe if @Ethraiel came out of hiding and developed Overwatch 2.0, but that probably won't happen.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  4. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    I knew Overwatch wasn't being supported anymore, but didn't think about the vulnerability thing. I don't usually point people towards it, but it seemed at least somewhat on point for what he was asking about. Thanks for pointing out that it could be dangerous to use. I'd feel terrible if it went wrong for somebody.