Live HITs today. Plus bonus allocation for failed attempts.

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Robert, Jun 19, 2017.

1. GreenMachine842

GreenMachine842 Moderator (⌐■_■)

Ratings:
    +13,816
    Couldn't hurt but honestly it was just a surprise as long as you are getting the data and there are no issues going forward it should be OK.

2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    If someone doesn't have a script to expand the iframe like the one included in MTS it will look like this

[​IMG]

Now you can scroll to it... but that isn't ideal

And even with my iframe expander on my 1080p monitor a bit of it is being cutoff

[​IMG]

Look at the bottom you can see that it is missing the bit with the numbers.

@Robert

The submit at the end works now though at least :az:

Actually if I see it pop up again I'll double check it in a browser without any scripts running just to double check to make sure the first image is what people would normally see but I'm pretty sure that it is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  3. Eisenpower

Eisenpower Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Same panda? I want to give it a try as well now.

4. Robert

Robert Hummingbird Watch

Ratings:
    +310

Thanks @Randomacts

We're not sure why this is happening - obviously something we want to figure out.

Our frame height is set at 1000 px. Or at least it should be. We'll put it in the queue.

The camera system were drawing pictures from has gone down, unfortunately. So we're on a momentary hiatus.

5. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I feel like @Kadauchi might know a thing or two about iframes scaling if he has the time to try and help.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Robert

Robert Hummingbird Watch

Ratings:
    +310
    Thanks @Randomacts Hey, @Kadauchi - any chance you're out there?

7. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I just checked on firefox without any scripts ect running and it looks like that may be a bug in mturksuite? Anyways on firefox it looks exactly the same as my expanded one but even that one has a tiny bit of the picture cut off unless you scroll the iframe

[​IMG]

8. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Are the HITs still posting? Or am I just out of the loop?

9. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    They have been putting a tiny amount of them up I think mostly so that they can get feedback and fix stuff

• Like Like x 1
  10. LurkerLUL

LurkerLUL Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,300
    [​IMG]

Looks fine to me? :dunno:

11. LurkerLUL

LurkerLUL Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,300
    NVM the bit at the bottom is being cut off

• Like Like x 1
  12. Robert

Robert Hummingbird Watch

Ratings:
    +310
    Hey @Randomacts - you're exactly right. Actually, I'll take this moment to expand a bit on how things have been running on our side.

One of the things that we don't have an answer too, is how consistent will the system work throughout the day. I mean this from both a software side and worker end. The system has just gotten up and running and so we kind of need to conduct a stress test.

One of the first things that broke was the server. That's why there was a lull this afternoon in photo-updates. Something broke down, we didn't know how to fix it. Our office is actually like 700 kilometers away from the physical tower, so we can't just go and check it out ourselves. Luckily, the local technician was able to pop-in and (hopefully) fixed the server issues for good.

Another big question for us is how consistently can we achieve quick results. Our tests and trials never required creating this many HITs. I mean during our trials last summer, we probably created 12 HITs a day, with a higher proportion of those occurring in the afternoon (when it's hot, and likelier to be fire). But now? Now we're running HITs basically every five minutes. All day long. It's terrifying. Photos are taken every five minutes, that means by the time a new set of images is taken, the old ones have already expired. So, for this to work, we need consistent and quick responses from everyone.

Luckily, so far so good. All of our HITs have been completed, completed accurately, and completed within five minutes.

On a bit of an aside, the standards for fire detection are detecting a smoke within five minutes of ignition at smaller than .01 ha in size. That's why we are running photo-updates every five minutes. Pretty tough, the fires that we will be detecting are going to be hard to see and require you guys to be careful (yet fast). I'm confident that you guys will be able to make it happen. During our trials last year, we ran lot's of tiny smokes and they were almost always caught. Which is amazing - and truthfully (considering how fast you guys work) a little bit surprising. Thoroughly impressed.

Features like return to previous image, and IFrame modifications will occur. They might not occur right away. But as always, I'll keep you guys up to date! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    For the limited visibility option do we only click that if the visibility is really bad? I haven't been picking it for when it is just basically water droplets that you can make a good guess on what is behind the smudge.

14. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Still no smoke (I guess that is a good thing hah) but I did see a helicopter? in the last one that I did.

[​IMG]

edit: Not sure what the guy is doing but I saw it in the same place on a second hit lol.

• LOL LOL x 1
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  15. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    @Robert

Is the camera having some issues? It looks like that angle isn't updating or something going by how the timecode isn't changing.

16. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    I still haven't been able to catch one to try it out.

17. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    You have to panda them

Requester Name: Robert Atwood
    Requester Id: A2AARFMJHG94SR
    Title: Hummingbird Watch - Early Forest Fire Detection
    HIT Set Id: 3AG2YDBQIU4BUJL610OMTZIH6QHXHQ
    Reward: $0.05
    Duration: 5 minutes
    Requirements: Location is one of: CA, US

Oh and it is a new group ID right now btw and not the one from earlier in the thread

They also could have stopped dropping as well because I haven't gotten one in a bit but :dunno:

18. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Yeah I asked if it changed the other day and nobody said anything, so I've just been doing the same old one :emoji_rolling_eyes:

19. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I'm pretty sure that it was the same group ID the other day but today it is a new one.

20. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Oh, well maybe my pandas just suck :dunno: