[Solved] Missing options on context menu.

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Davinna, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Davinna

Davinna Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +441
    Any computer geeks out there that can help me add "View Frame Source" and "Reload Frame" to my context menu?

2. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Can you take a screenshot of your menu when you right click inside an iFrame? Never heard of this being a thing before :emoji_astonished:

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Davinna

Ratings:
    +441
    I did some testing on some other pages yesterday. I guess the HIT I want to do didn't use an iFrame, because I was able to right click other HITs and see the "View Frame Source" option.

4. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    Some HITs don't use an iframe but they are in the minority. They just use simple HTML and CSS so you'll notice the HITs without an iframe are a lot more "plain" looking than the ones with an iframe.

edit: Also I think that just HITs without an iFrame don't have their submit button grayed out at the top and bottom after you accept it

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  5. Davinna

Ratings:
    +441
    The whole point in asking this question is so that I can find the @match/@include for the hit so I can make a script. I've coding experience, just not with scripts. I was wanting to start dabbling and see if I could make anything useful :)

So if the HIT is not an iFrame, does that mean the source link I'm looking for is just buried in the HIT page's "View Source" result?

6. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    To save a HIT that doesn't have an iframe you need to save the actual webpage HTML to your computer (Right click--> Save as). This doesn't work with HITs that have iframes because when you load up the save, everything on the page will load except the iframe, which is hosted elsewhere and thus you need the iframe's source save to look at and the script needs the domain the iframe comes from to run on.

A HIT without an iframe requires a script that just runs on mturk's site itself, as everything about the HIT is on mturk and there is no outside content loading into the HIT.
    In this case, your @include would be https://www.mturk.com/mturk/*

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  7. Davinna

Ratings:
    +441
    OMG, was it really that simple? I feel like such a dunce.
    [​IMG]

Thanks all for your time.

• Like Like x 1