[Please Help!] New To Turking

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Zepher, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Zepher

Zepher Active Turker

Ratings:
    +603
    I have a few questions, thought it would be better to do a blanket post rather than multiple small posts. I'll separate the questions and number them, so feel free to answer any one of the questions and not obligated to answer all of them.

1) Scripts: Any more I should be getting?

I have grabbed all of the main scripts as listed in the supremely helpful thread written by @deansep here. Any more I should grab while I am at it? I'm sure there's some that help to complete HITs faster that I'm not aware of.

2) What sorts of HITs should I be looking for?

Right now I've been doing whatever decent surveys I can get at my current level of HITs accepted. Then doing a lot of the batch HITs to increase the number I have accepted. Is this the best way to go about it?

3) Any particular requesters I should be looking to find?

I have seen mention of a particular ProductRNR but I am unaware if that is a requester or not. If anyone knows any particulars I should look for, please do tell!

4) Sort of a conglomerate of all the above questions, what is the best way to be spending my time on mturk, in order to create the best revenue? That's what we are here for right? :emoji_wink:

A big thanks in advance to anyone that provides me with information!

Cheers!

2. Ballistic406

Ballistic406 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,667
    I started turking just a few months ago and my biggest suggestion is to just watch the forum and absorb as much information and as many shit posts as possible. ProductRNR is a requester, but they don't have any hits up at the moment. Their good batches over the last couple days have been $20 an hour for me. They also have hits that pay $.08 that are decent filler and pretty brain dead hits. Their $.05 hits are total shit and take too much time. I think the consensus is to avoid p9r and anything else that looks like total shit on turkopticon. Learn to love an cherish hitfinder from MTS. Once I figured that thing out my earnings skyrocketed. The desktop notifications from the forum sidebar are also pretty baller.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ballistic406

Ballistic406 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,667
    Oh. Be on the lookout for Amazon Requester Customer interest hits. Amazing for numbers. I've done 2k over the last couple days. And Kada's radio keybinds script makes them one-touch hits when you have auto-submit turned on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GreenMachine842

GreenMachine842 Moderator (⌐■_■)

Ratings:
    +13,816
    1.) I would highly recommend installing MTS. It is an extension to chrome and designed by @Kadauchi so when you have problems with it you can tag him on the forum to get support. It is very handy with a hitfinder and hit catcher as well as making turking more efficient and easy.

2.) It sounds like you have HITs pretty much figured out do what you find is good pay for your time and what you like to do. Just make sure to look at TO and try to avoid getting any rejections especially til you get 5k approved HITs that will really open some doors for you. Grind away and don't give up. Check the daily threads as some people will share what batch they are working on and find safe ones to work on.

3.) I would suggest looking at HITs. I can't remember a lot of what I did when I was new and a lot of the requesters I did work for are no longer around. I would ask that question in the Daily thread someone will give you great guidance on that. ProductRNR is a good requester for getting number though when the post all the qualifications are auto-granted on request and you won't get rejected as long as you keep your scores up.

4.) Right Now the best way to spend your time is to try and get your numbers up and getting used to the scripts. Once you get to 5K approved and get more options and start Pandaing you will start making a lot more money.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zepher

Zepher Active Turker

Ratings:
    +603
    5000 Hits aye? I have a long way to go :emoji_sweat_smile:
    Thanks for the information guys, any good requesters that would also increase my numbers for now are greatly appreciated.

6. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    Posting this here to make it easier for you to refer back to instead of in the middle of a daily thread :lol:
    Title: Identify Images with Mature Content (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | PANDA
    Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
    Requester: MyLikes [A239M0XNXTKQZ7] (Contact)
    TO 1: [Pay: 4.24] [Fast: 4.84] [Comm: 3.50] [Fair: 4.81] [Reviews: 49] [ToS: 0]
    TO 2:
    Not Available
    Description: Determine whether images contain graphic nudity or mature sexual content.
    Time: 1 minute 30 seconds
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $0.01
    Qualifications: Adult Content Qualification is 1;

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/previewandaccept?groupId=389X50RO3UCP2CYKCYM14K9RJJI439 - 411richmond Verify Single value on a receipt. Easy and trickles in, I think I could get close to $7/hr when they begin streaming in. Need to panda like the MyLikes above

Someone mentioned Crowdsurf in the daily thread and that's another requester I used when I was newer. People can make good money off of the bonuses and the HITs in general as you become practiced with transcription. Some can make their sole earnings off transcription on mturk if you decide that's a path you wanna pursue and Crowdsurf is a great introduction into that field. Search for their name on mturk and you have to take a qual test first where they explain how it works. Can be a little slow at first as you learn their rules

7. Zepher

Zepher Active Turker

Ratings:
    +603
    I might look into that! Thanks for the information.

8. Celtic Lady

Celtic Lady Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,319
  9. Amber

Amber New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    is MyLikes gone, or am I just unable to find them?

10. Yuk

Yuk Zing King

Ratings:
    +5,059
    I think mylikes are gone, but this is another easy hit for numbers that is still around if you want to throw it on a panda

Title: Verify a single value from a receipt | PANDA
    Requester: 411Richmond [A38RXMI7DFPL8G]
    TurkerView: [ $3.27 / hour ]
    Description: Verify the value of single data point (such as store, payment information, date, total etc) as displayed on the receipt
    Duration: 00:30:00
    Available: 1
    Reward: $0.01
    Qualifications:
    • None
    [389X50RO3UCP2CYKCYM14K9RJJI439]