Newbie (Kinda)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DarwinatWerk, Dec 5, 2019.

1. DarwinatWerk

DarwinatWerk New Turker

Ratings:
    +9
    Hello All!

I am new to this site (TurkerView) but only kind of new to Amazon mTurk. I was using a family member's log in before to do HITs as she wasn't working it anymore but she had some good quals. Since we trusted each other it worked out pretty well, I did the work and only transferred what I needed leaving ample funds for her taxes plus some. I've since tried to open a new account under my name but received a message saying my application was put on hold for the time being (?). exact message below:

- -

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,
    We have completed our review of your Amazon Mechanical Turk Worker Account. We regret to inform you that you will not be permitted to work on Mechanical Turk.

Our account review criteria are proprietary and we cannot disclose the reason why an invitation to complete registration has been denied. If our criteria for invitation changes, you may be invited to complete registration in the future.

Thank you for your interest in Mechanical Turk.
    Sincerely,
    Amazon Mechanical Turk
    https://www.mturk.com

- -

Is anyone familiar with this? I always thought mTurk was a sign up and get rolling platform...

I'll post this issue in a help thread as well, but at least wanted to say hello :)

Thanks!

- Charles D

• Like Like x 1
  2. t0nja

t0nja Survey Slinger Birthday Girl!

Ratings:
    +7,236
    That messages happens to a lot of new applications. They could send you a invite tomorrow or next year. there just seem to be no real reason that I know of. Others might.
    I would be careful if you have your name or amazon account linked to anything on her account. that will flag it too.
    Sorry I am not that helpful but at least I can help in giving you a idea what might be going on.
    :) good luck!

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  3. Norma

Norma Turker

Ratings:
    +194
    Hello Charles! And welcome! I hope you get everything all figured out!