[Not] New User

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NewUser23, Nov 9, 2018.

1. NewUser23

NewUser23 New Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    Hello all,

I just discovered this morning that the forum/community I used to know is gone [TurkerNation], or best I can tell, has changed so much that it's no longer recognizable. I am hoping to find something similar on this site.

I have been turking since 2015 on a part time basis, meaning I have a full-time job [physical science research] and fill in downtime with crowdsource work. I do not have Masters cert, have ~18k approved and 3 rejections. I primarily use MTS on 3s scan for jobs that pay >$0.85. I despise writing tasks, can't type for shit, can't program in any language other than BASIC, don't know any spoken/written languages other than English, have no super-qual for anything, and find batch work to be mostly awful (man I miss those Mosaic CCTV hits though). My personal crowdsouce goals are $5/day, $150/mo which has been a challenge to achieve these days. I also work for Prolific at times, though work on that platform has dried up a lot lately too [along with my workplace IP blocked from participation]
    On a personal level, I am a recently widowed 48 year old guy living in a suburb of Chicago, raising 3 teenagers as best I can. I used to say I did crowdsource work for 'goof around' money, but that's not really the case anymore. I am happy to help out in the forum if I know the answer to something [rare] and am probably more likely to lurk than participate at least for a while.
    Thanks for making it this far, now back to work slacker! haha

• Like Like x 5
  2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    @Girl Polar Bear @Polar Bear

Welcome to turkerhub sorry for the spam I derped up in my post

If you have any questions feel free to ask for help.

3. Girl Polar Bear

Girl Polar Bear Queen of the North

Ratings:
    +45,742
    I do not know you. Who are you? Which part of the Arctic do you live?

also welcome to MA FORUM.

4. Pronewbi3

Pronewbi3 Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +27,826
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the hub.

Hop over to the daily thread and join in the discussion as that is where 90% of the talking happens. It's also a great place to pick up hits/ask questions since (most) all of us have live update on and watch the forums while we work.

5. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    [​IMG]

6. Momof1

Momof1 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,909
    My minion kids and I welcome you! :)

[​IMG]

7. WimpLo