Panda Crazy search mode or panda mode ?

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by KarimCool, Sep 14, 2019.

1. KarimCool

KarimCool New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    I started using panda crazy recently and I am hesitating between using the search mode with dealyed go ham which seems more convenient or the panda/normal mode which seems to find a lot more hits. What do you think ?

2. t0nja

t0nja Survey Slinger Birthday Girl!

Ratings:
    +7,236
    I only use the go ham for when batches drop. Everyone has their preference though. :)

3. KarimCool

KarimCool New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah I'm focusing on batches and using the delayed ham with search mode but for now I only mostly get PREs with 700 ms.

4. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    Search mode is always less efficient than running a panda for the group id. The hit has to show up and then the pandas start running vs already running the panda to catch it the first time it shows up. If you know the group id, just run the panda. What search mode is useful for is catching hits from a requester who changes group ids often.
    700ms is very much pushing the limits. That go ham mode is really for when you want to do nothing else but focus on catching that particular batch. You'll likely have to back off as soon as you start actually working on the batch. It can be useful to try to fill your queue as soon as the batch drops, but there will definitely be pres when you start actually submitting hits or doing anything else.

5. KarimCool

KarimCool New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah but I can't seem to find a way to catch new batches because they are already done when getting to hit forker also I set it to 900 ms which is the default value but I don't know what I can do to get these batches I've been searching all day long but I didn't find a solution yet.