People actually make "good money" on Turk?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PerseidsGirl, Sep 25, 2019.

1. PerseidsGirl

PerseidsGirl New Turker

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi, all. I've started grinding -- hours -- and I've made about $9. That won't pay the electric bill. I haveta figure out TurkWorld (scarier than WestWorld) soon or I'll be in the dark.

For you willing Masters out there, please drop hints or suggestions on this noob, so I can make "good money" too. Thank you and see you in the forums!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +32,750
    Welcome to the forum! Most of the action happens in the daily threads, feel free to stop by :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Hi and welcome!!! I'm still super-new myself, (even though I did some Turking in the past) I've found it helpful to just try to learn one new thing each day and then do your HITs. This may seem obvious, but I've found that focusing on small things at first and then building on those so it doesn't become overwhelming is helpful. For example, one day spend a little bit of time with scripts and then the next on qualifying for HITS, etc, etc. You will also find a lot of really great people in the Daily Threads who are awesome and keep you going. It takes awhile and some determination, but so far my electric bill is on. So welcome!!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  4. PerseidsGirl

PerseidsGirl New Turker

Ratings:
    +10
  5. PerseidsGirl

PerseidsGirl New Turker

Ratings:
    +10
    Good tips, thank you @IcyTundra! :emoji_blush:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Liz64

Liz64 New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm very new and feeling a bit overwhelmed.

• Love Love x 1
  7. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    It's easy to get overwhelmed. Ask questions in the daily and take it one day at a time. Everyone has been new and trying to navigate stuff. You'll get the hang of it!

8. Liz64

Liz64 New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Thank you! :):emoji_thumbsup::emoji_relieved:

9. AJBBB

AJBBB AXGCH3EOOB0XG

Ratings:
    +37
    Welcome! - I would say people can make a living on mTurk as I was able to pay my bills for a couple years doing it. Not sure if "good money" is an appropriate way to look at it though. I certainly wasn't eating lobster but I didn't feel desperate. However, reliance on mTurk can cause some stress decreasing efficiency.

As this is gig work the reliability is not there. One thing I have noticed about mTurk over the years is that it is a highly time-sensitive job. Let me explain... Some HITs and batches appear out of no where and disappear just as quick. If you weren't monitoring for that work or at your computer at the exact time it came out you missed the money.

To combat this and other issues with this type of work, workflow is very important. Setting up notices for certain requesters, mturksuite, Queuebicle, pushbullet, tampermonkey scripts, python scripts, watchers, keyboard shortcuts, ahk scripts, and tons more efficiency tweaks. It's essentially endless efficiency training and learning.

Keep up with it, even if it doesn't work out as your main income source. Side gig economy is alive and kicking.

10. JanBall

JanBall New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    I get the struggle. When I started, it felt like navigating a maze. One tip that really helped me was joining forums like this – it's a goldmine of advice from experienced Turkers. Also, consider trying out those game apps to earn money during your breaks. I stumbled upon them when I needed a breather, and they surprisingly added up.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024