Posting pay ratings

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Katlady, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Katlady

Katlady Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,207
    I stopped clicking pay rating as much because I know I go slower. But would it makes sense that I would click generous because for me it ends up at $14/hr because other people are able to do it with a $20/hr, so saying $14/hr doesn't reflect what many others are able to do.
    I'm not going to change my time, but I feel like I should step off from actually rating it. I just want to keep my ratings in the correct realm so that it helps others and doesn't affect the overall handshake, thumbs up green, or the red thumbs down :)

(I did find the quick little surveymonkey secret to zip through those via keyboard only and I lost feeling in several fingers. So that's a hard no on doing it that way again)

2. Fuzzy_Dunlop

Fuzzy_Dunlop Turker

Ratings:
    +58
    It takes all kinds to make the world go round. Accurate statistics require a diverse pool of data sources. Without getting too technical, the pay rates work a lot like the surveys. If a certain group of relevant participants are excluded, then the results are no longer representative of the larger body.

In a more simplified version, imagine polling football fans about their Superbowl predictions, but you only asked these guys

[​IMG]

Also, workers are classified by speed and fall into one of several categories

[​IMG]

In conclusion, if only the aces give ratings, we end up in a world where Bears 96-14 Lions is a reasonable estimation.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Katlady

Katlady Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,207
    You just..sportsied at me. But thanks, I do get what you are saying.

4. BlueMountainBacon

BlueMountainBacon Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,889

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019