Qualifications question

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Jessmx087, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Jessmx087

Jessmx087 New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello, I took a few qualification tests and scored from 75-100 across different tasks is that good? Or does my score need to be 100%. Also how do I know if I'm able to work on the tasks I submitted qualification for, will they pop up In my desk?

2. Lumius

Lumius Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,860
    @Jessmx087 Depending on which qual it is, 75 may be poor, good, great.
    Each qual is set by the Requester. 75 is great if they want >=50, but terrible for something that wants an under 25 score.

If you look at the particular HIT, you can see what value is needed.

Requester: Algebra Experiments
    HIT Title: Video Game Study | limited time -- please start ASAP!
    Qualification: English Comprehension
    Qual Description: To access our Video Game HIT, you must read a short passage of text and answer 4 questions about it.
    Qual Requirement: GreaterThanOrEqualTo 3 <-- This value here
    Avg Requester Hourly: $11.44/hr

On this qual, 75 would be great....but they only rank you from 1-4. You need >=3 to do this one.

Requester: SNM
    HIT Title: Check the link (~1-2 min)
    Qualification: Qual for Link Check Final
    Qual Description: This is a brief link check test. Read the article below and answer the questions.
    Qual Requirement: EqualTo 100 <-- This value here
    Avg Requester Hourly: Unrated

On this one, you need 100

If you click on the qualification link again, it will show you your current score!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  3. Jessmx087

Jessmx087 New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    OK thank you

• Like Like x 1
  4. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,166
    Everything Lumius said, plus:

As you have seen, with automatically graded tests, you know then and there what your score is. There are no notifications. If you want to see if there is work available after you just took the testk, you will need to figure that out on your own. Best way to do that is to do a search on Mturk (okay) or look up the requester on TurkerView (better).

Looking at the example Lumius used, if you look up Algebra Experiments on TV and navigate to the HITs tab, you can see that the last HIT was posted on Feb 2. Also, you can gleam the that qual requirement is 3. This is also helpful if you are using QualifEye and want to know if the test you just took made the grade.

upload_2022-2-2_23-5-16.png

You will however sometimes get an email for qualifications assigned to you by the requester. Again, you will not know there is work out there for you. You may want to use TV, but likely you're not going to check for every single qual. Instead, if you are using MTS, you can add requesters to your Favorites and HIT Finder will ping you if the requester posts a HIT. Same if you are using QBC. This might be helpful for batches. If its just a survey, you may just want to scrape them yourself as you see HITs in the scraper..

• Like Like x 1
  5. cmsommers333

cmsommers333 New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    str11223344???!!!!
    How in the world do I get this qual. to work these hits? going on 5 weeks now of requesting general qualification to work these hits and nothing...Absolutely nothing.

What is the casual-claims-gold score?
    How do I view qual. scores that seemingly do not change or are never posted? I have exceptional proofreading and editing skills and still no score from foxtrot.
    also, whooosreading.org either.

I guess I'll keep at it. Hopefully with this forum, I won't want to punch my laptop.

6. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,166
    Don't click the Request Qualification link. I don't that I have seen anyone mention this ever working to their advantage.

upload_2022-2-24_17-16-28.png

Instead, you should be looking out for tests and HITs with the words "Qual" or "Qualification" in the title. You can find what is currently available on QualifEye.

If you look on there right now, there is a whooosreading.org test currently up.

To look at your current qualifications: https://worker.mturk.com/qualifications/assigned, but you probably will want to use a script to make it easier.