[Please Help!] Quebicle Help

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by jorwilley, Mar 4, 2022.

Tags:
  1. jorwilley

jorwilley New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    I've had quebicle for a little over a month now and it's great. It's really helped up my output. However, I'm running into an issue where a HIT is accepted and it just keeps accepting all of them. (I like to go for higher-paying surveys, not batches) This has been leading me to my queue filling up right away sometimes with HITs I can only complete once. Like I said I'm still new to all this and haven't figured out how to get it to stop accepting them after the first one. Any suggestions?

2. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,213
    What kind of Panda is QBC creating?

3. Lumius

Lumius Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,864
    upload_2022-3-4_15-17-19.png On your requester page, you can set the amount per project or queue. Just make sure you don't use this setting on Batch requesters!

4. Lumius

Lumius Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,864
    The unrated and default TV platform watcher has a cap of 1 by default.

If you need help setting it up, just message me!

upload_2022-3-4_15-19-35.png

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
  5. jorwilley

jorwilley New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Again please forgive my ignorance it's only been a month of using QBC. It's under my "Watchers" under the Platform tab.

6. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,213
    Sounds like you need to look at what Lumius wrote above and that should fix your issue. You probably did not add a max to your watchers. If you create a Requester Watcher for a requester that posts surveys, you may want to consider adding 1 to Max Per Project field for each. You would leave it blank if you are creating a Requester Watcher for requesters that post batches as you want to catch as many as you can.

For reference, when you create any watchers in QBC, whenever QBC sees a HIT that fits the criteria, it creates a Panda. Panda stands for preview and accept. Essentially what that means is QBC is going to fire of a bunch of preview and accept requests to Mturk to try and grab the HIT for you. So when I asked what kind of Pandas were being created, it was to try and figure out what watchers were giving you issues.

7. jorwilley

jorwilley New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Okay I'll just show you what I sent to Lumius. This is the watcher I use, and then these are examples of the HITs I got this morning that all caught one, and then multiple, and continued to try catching them. The Max is set to 1 but it still tries to catch them. I have to quick go in and manually disable them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  8. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,213
    So your issue is with TV Watchers. QBC does sometimes catch an extra, but usually not more than one. I personally had an issue with Empirical Jury HITs where it was catching multiples, so it definitely does sometimes glitch. Eventually the issue just resolved on its own.

I am not exactly following what is happening to you based on these screenshots. Pandas appear to be off and they did not catch anything. You indicated that you are seeing a lot of HITs in your queue, but just not seeing it here in the screenshots.

Are you able to take another screenshot with more Pandas? You can set the filters to this and grab more info.

upload_2022-3-9_14-21-26.png

Just so we are on the same page, here is an example of my Pandas created by my YourView Watcher.

QBC caught zero HITs for Nellie and one HIT for Prosocial Computing. This is what it should look like if it were acting right, which looks similar to your own screenshot.

upload_2022-3-9_14-12-56.png

Max = the max number of HITs it should accept
    Q Cap = the max number of this HIT it should keep in the queue. Applicable to batches and usually set by creating a Requester Watcher
    Acc = the number of HITs QBC caught
    Att = the number of attempts QBC has made to catch a HIT

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  9. jorwilley

jorwilley New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    I believe I figured out the issue. I don't use Workspace through QBC to complete my HITs I go into my queue through the mturk website on Chrome so I would close out of Workspace. Once I left it open in the background though the duplicate HITs ceased. I didn't receive one duplicate yesterday doing that. Bizarre but it seemed to solve the problem.

• Like Like x 1