Question re: Extending Batches

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Joe@UofM, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Joe@UofM

Joe@UofM New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Background - I'm running a survey in MTurk that requires a large sample from a limited pool of MTurk workers. I'm also running multiple batches concurrently with HIT completion restrictions to get a range of those workers (not all "super workers"). I've noticed after a day or two of posting a batch the response collection pace drops dramatically, likely because the HIT gets pushed down the worker HIT job board.

My question - does extending the expiration date of a batch in progress before the expiration date push the HIT back to the top of the worker HIT job board? This would greatly increase my efficiency to collect responses as I wouldn't have to keep cancelling batches and reposting (also wouldn't have to continue to add to my list of "already completed HIT" workers since they wouldn't be able to complete the HIT in the same batch). Has anyone done something like this before? Any other work arounds to get a HIT back to the top of the worker job board without posting a new batch?

Any thoughts/help appreciated!

2. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,086
    Not a requester so take this with a grain of salt, but if you want it to go back to the "top", I would think you could just add more HITs.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022