Questions about a new HIT platform

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by wjvh, Mar 11, 2018.

1. PDR

PDR New Turker

Ratings:
    +14
    Yeah that's a great Use Case for the worker side if the judgments are indeed that simple that it requires very little thought and you find it to be worth your time. Just using personal experience with similar work that would make me question the quality of the judgments given the mentioned domain--ad copy.

2. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    the judgments are kind of subjective wich is I assume why they are only looking for a 60% accuracy plus after some feed back they are adding examples and explanations of why something was wrong so like I said I can see it getting faster as they implement that stuff

• Like Like x 1
  3. Asleep By Dawn

Asleep By Dawn Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +1,462
    Whats the link?

4. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    DM @wjvh

5. wjvh

wjvh New Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    Hello everyone! We really appreciate all the interest in the beta so far.

An awesome group of over 20 folks from this forum have been working with us and have almost completed all the beta tasks, while providing really valuable feedback on the platform's user experience and functionality. A massive thank you to everyone who is even now tasking away and chatting with us on Slack! As we've made a lot of progress quite quickly we'll close the beta shortly once all tasks are completed, run some analysis, fix critical bugs and pay folks.

Given how successful this has been, and how many folks are still waiting to get involved, we will likely release some new tasks in the coming weeks under the same beta model with the same level of collaboration with us. Please do continue to DM me if you are interested and we will include you in the invitations for this next round of testing.

@PDR your question regarding speed/quality/pay is super important. There are many platforms for workers out there, but our proposition is focused on high-speed tasks completable on mobile as something that is perfect for both certain workers, on certain tasks, at certain times. So far, and ignoring some bugs, many of the beta testers were able to significantly surpass the accuracy thresholds we set for payment which is brilliant. We recognise $0.01 per item is low by community standards but if we can increase the $/hr you can make with a great, fast UX this could be compelling for everyone. Of course requesters will be free to pay more for more complex tasks and we fully encourage this. We'll let the community tell us whether this hypothesis is really working out, and if necessary we'll adjust.

Thanks again everyone - and keep the questions coming!

Best

Will

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  6. PDR

PDR New Turker

Ratings:
    +14
    I think you're onto something with that focus. Seems like there's an awful lot of excess brain power out there that could be use to contribute judgments or similar simple tasks while on mobile--think commercialized Captcha-esque tasks. No current crowdsourcing platform is really optimized for doing work on mobile so there's definitely a space for this. Further, imagine how much untapped potential there is in developing countries. Even in many desperately poor Sub-Saharan African countries for example, smart phone usage is far more common than clean water. I imagine there would be some painpoints in bringing those worker types online, not to mention introducing the concept of task solving but it still has huge potential. Look forward to seeing more from this, even if I don't personally benefit from it. Would love for more companies see how vast the Use Cases are for crowdworking integration in their operations.[/QUOTE]

7. wjvh

wjvh New Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    @PDR love this... we are excited about all of the ideas you shared. Look forward to collaborating with the community on some of them!

8. Zorseshoes

Zorseshoes Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,252
    We just finished the beta test, or I guess the first round of it, and there's more to come. If you are at all curious, I recommend sending @wjvh a DM so you can check it out. He told me yesterday they will be taking on some more testers before the next phase starts.

The tasks themselves took maybe a couple of seconds each, and paid a penny. (Don't ask my hourly, I am never good at knowing that.) I have to admit the tasks were not the easiest to grasp and I did not catch on immediately, but if you stay with it, your accuracy improves. Also, there was little guidance at the beginning, but we were given more information about the process as we went along, and it really helped. They were really transparent about how the golden questions worked on the tasks, and that was extremely enlightening.

I encountered a bug, and one of the coders talked to me in DM, looked into it and figured it out.

The two best things about this project were 1) the interface works great on a cell phone, just as well as on a computer (some think even better) and 2) the people involved are extremely communicative and helpful.

Also, they said we'd be paid June 30th, but because we finished earlier then expected, we received an email about payment yesterday. You can't beat that.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  9. Momof1

Momof1 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,909
    I can't wait for more! :)

• Like Like x 1