[Please Help!] Rejected Tasks

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by ARCavalcanti, Nov 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ARCavalcanti

ARCavalcanti New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Hello everyone, i'm new here and in advance i apologize for my level of english.

I have been doing MTurk for about 3 weeks and until yesterday everything was ok, however today when entering the dashboard I noticed a large number of rejections.

Yesterday I performed almost 200 tasks of 0.01 cents provided by Requester: Yuxin Wen. These were easy and quick tasks to analyze which image was more like the first one.

Well, the Requester has so far rejected 12 of my tasks arguing that: "working time too short for such a task". There was no instruction in the task that I should spend a minimum amount of time doing each, especially when it came to simple, low-cost analysis.

My Approval Rate, was 99.4% and already down to 97.9%

What can I do about it?
    I sent msg to Requester through the dashboard, but if there is any other action to be taken please let me know.
    I don't know if the MTurk platform has any arbitration method to resolve disputes between workers vs requesters.

Thanks in advance.

2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Besides messaging the requester there isn't much you can do here. Amazon won't get involved so unless they decide to overturn the rejections you're going to be stuck with them.

I know this isn't helpful now, but make sure not to do more hits for requesters you aren't sure about than you have buffer in the number of rejections you can take. It doesn't sound like you've done too many hits in total so you should be able to recover, but it's going to be a grind.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PerseidsGirl

PerseidsGirl New Turker

Ratings:
    +10
    I, too, am a new Turker and recently suffered a large number of rejections. It was really shocking! My approval rating is now down in the 80s and limits my access to some HITs. I was really angry at first, but have calmed down. I didn't bother contacting the requester bc I didn't think he would do anything about it.

@ARCavalcanti, have you heard back from yours?

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARCavalcanti

ARCavalcanti New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks Ornac, i'll remember your advices for the next time. Never more to do many tasks of dubious requesters.

Hi PerseidsGirl, i still waiting the requester answer. If he answer something , i update here.

Yesterday i saw in the Turkopticon one worker saying that did 250 hits for the same requester and all of them are rejected =/

There should be a way to solve these problems, leave the worker hostage of the requesters doesn't seem fair.

Anyway thanks. I will try to recover \ 0 /