Thoughts on Turk Guru

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Bailey89, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Bailey89

Bailey89 New Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    Recently downloaded the web browser attachment thing Turk Guru that automatically accepts certain specified HITs for you and am liking it so far, even though it doesn't seem to be grabbing that many for me right now. I also don't have a lot of qualifications or high HIT count as I just started. I am in a 7-day free trial rn, and am being held back by my daily limit to really test it out... anyone else use this and recommend keeping the subscription for 10$ a month or have a better suggestion? Thanks

2. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,086
    I briefly used it when I started turking again, but switched to MTS. I did not cancel it right away, so I still had access to the smile faces. Turk Guru is decent and does help you snag work. You can limit how many HITs it will accept, the quality, the price, etc... You should get into the settings and adjust it to fit your needs.

3. Bailey89

Bailey89 New Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    do you prefer MTS, is it easier or better to use, or is it about the same you think? and is MTS a subscription as well or it's free?

4. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,086
    MTS is different. It involves more manual work to find HITs while Turk Guru is going to do most of that for you.

MTS is like every script you could ever need rolled into one application. You could use both Turk Guru and MTS at the same time as MTS is free. HIT Tracker (in MTS) and some of the metrics available to you while you are looking for HITs are worth having.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bailey89

Bailey89 New Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    I'm not familiar with scripts yet. I hear I should get into learning how they work though and there are extensions and such to help doing things with them? So turk guru is probably the one for me rn since I can understand it and operate it fairly well so far. Just got it today tbh and didn't get a lot of time to try it out. I'll just have to keep up with how much work it's grabbing me compared to how much I get by myself. which isn't a lot cause they go really fast! If I find it extremely helpful i'll make a post about it for others as I haven't seen anyone else talking about it on here so far. Thanks for your help. On all the posts I made lol

6. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,086
    MTS is a Chrome Extension like Turk Guru, so you don't need to run any scripts.

Turk Guru is not talked about a lot here as MTS and QBC are the dominate programs of this forum. You might find more information on the other forums or Redditt.

• Like Like x 2