Trouble with having our HITs completed within the time frame

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Robert, Jul 13, 2018.

1. A6_Foul_Out

A6_Foul_Out Organic Meme Panda TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +23,954
    @Robert

As somebody who just recently started the hits, there are no instructions other than those hidden in the description.

However, there is a ton of useful and helpful information littered throughout the forum in your various threads. On top of adding the basic instructions to the hit itself, taking some time to collect all of the helpful info found in your threads and compiling it all up somewhere would be immensely helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ballistic406

Ballistic406 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,667
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. GreenMachine842

GreenMachine842 Moderator (⌐■_■)

Ratings:
    +13,816
    I'm over in Helena!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tripsa

Tripsa ┴ɹᴉdsɐ

Ratings:
    +30,588
    Any guess as to what this is or did I just find people in the forest. @Robert
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Robert

Robert Hummingbird Watch

Ratings:
    +310
    Awesome, thanks for this. We are working on organizing a work sprint this morning and I will include this as a task / bring up with team. One feature we are quite interested in including is a look back button so you guys can look at previous images and compare / contrast.

Anything else you would like us to add? Maybe, actually, just for visibility, I'll create a new thread.

6. rater9

rater9 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,920
    Hi @Robert

I know this sounds picky, but now that I have my Panda set up so I can grab your hits I understand you want them done as quickly as possible but workers still need a bit of time to "switch gears" so to speak before getting started on your hit. For instance, I am no longer using a regular keyboard so if I am switching over I may still need to submit what was just finishing, change to your hit and begin it. That may take anywhere from 15 to 30 seconds when using an on screen keyboard and a mouse to type with. Therefore there are times when I would have to pause the Panda for your hit if i have caught a different requester's hit while waiting 10 minutes between hits. I've been watching how long it takes me to switch out of this message bring up the tab for the queue , tap "work" for your hit, minimize the keyboard and start looking for smoke, fire etc.and it takes me anywhere from 15 to 20 seconds depending on how fumble fingered i get with my mouse. Also, It has now been about 30 minutes since I caught a hit ... this is rather discouraging while waiting ...and waiting ... btw, I have no other Pandas running ...

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  7. Robert

Robert Hummingbird Watch

Ratings:
    +310
    @rater9 you're my favorite. Thanks Anne. What can we do to make this better?

8. rater9

rater9 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,920
    Give us back that precious 60 seconds ... and don't space them out so far apart. There are some of us that would be just as happy looking at trees every 5 minutes. Also can you make the images larger? I'm squinting with a 32" screen ... (all reasons are somewhat self-serving LOL)