[Please Help!] Understanding HIT Link Differences?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by frankguy, Jan 30, 2020.

1. frankguy

frankguy New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    AMT Reason  Link Colors 2020-01-30 214117.jpg [​IMG]

Hi.

In the image--if I posted it properly, the "Preview" and "Qualify" columns for individual HIT links show as either Blue or Greyed out.

I have clicked them, and I have been told I lack the qualification(s). I have been able to find the meaning of said qualification(s) through AMT, Turkerview, Qualifeye(thank you for this!), as well as general search.

That they links are colored blue or greyed out give any notice to tasks one MAY be able to accept, but simply haven't taken the relevant qualification HIT?

Regards & G'nite.

2. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    No, it's actually because of settings on the requester side.

Requesters can choose a few "privacy" options for HITs, with varying levels of worker access.

• Hidden - you wont even see these in the list of HITs if you don't qualify
    • Restricted - you'll see them in the list as the "greyed out" preview links. Essentially, this is a setting where you can see that the HIT exists, but not what is within it. In theory requesters should use this setting when they have a qualification test attached to the HIT so that the worker could become qualified. In practice, no one uses it like that.
    • Public/Visible - these are the "blue" links above. Even though you don't qualify, you can still look at the preview HIT screen and see what the work is about.
    Ultimately, most of the above is meaningless to you as a worker so you can ignore a lot of it lol.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 3
  3. frankguy

frankguy New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Thank you for helping me understand. I know that you are galaxy-brained regarding AMT. Could I bother you for another instruction?

It's Noah Turk. I had completed two HITs. On attempting a third, I receive the following notification:
    States I Do Not Possess Qualifications 2020-01-31 192636.jpg
    Yet, upon examining the quals, It shows that I do possess them:
    Possess Qualifications 2020-01-31 192636.jpg
    Have I erred?
    Or do I just consider that this particular Requester has had Hero HITs cluttering the interface since I began AMT this past November?

Regards.