1. API Information

The TurkerView API page has instructions as well as contact information for support in getting set up with our new API infrastructure.

You can also email us directly at hello@turkerview.com if you run into any problems!

Dismiss Notice

Why does panda crazy use so much data

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Nnaemeka, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Nnaemeka

Nnaemeka Turker

Ratings:
    +9
    My data subscription is limited. I installed panda crazy and realized that it was using so much data to search for and catch hits. I had to switch it off before I lose all my data. Why is it like that? I am using MTS and it doesn't consume data.

2. Kadauchi

Kadauchi Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,365
    From a cursory glance at Panda Crazy's code, it looks like it is not using the .json formatted links to try and accept HITs. What happens is that when you miss a HIT on Panda Crazy, it is returning the whole page's html, which will be ~ 7kb each time. When MTS misses a HIT, it is only getting the JSON back which is less than 1kb. On top of this, Panda Crazy uses at least 4.8kb of data every 15s when it syncs your queue, but I believe this is adjustable.

tldr; When you fail to accept a HIT with Panda Crazy, it uses ~14x more data (~7kb for PC vs ~500b for MTS).

• Useful / Informative Useful / Informative x 8