[Script] Worker.mturk Overwatch Script

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Ethraiel, Nov 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ana*

Ana* H&R Blockhead

Ratings:
    +27,162
    he was posting for me. it happens when the computer goes to sleep, and i get the OW has been logged out message nearly 10 times or so. when i get it back on TSS doesn't work. Haven't check the console because I'm tech handicap XD and I don't know what I'm looking at.

2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Well it happens for me as well.. I just don't have it happen as often. It might be related to the fact that @Ana* puts her computer to sleep and I always just leave my computer running. But it still happens to me every few weeks or so.

3. Ana*

Ana* H&R Blockhead

Ratings:
    +27,162
    one of these days i'll get smart and take that sleep mode off and just turn off the monitor, i swear

4. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I just lock my computer and then after a few min the monitor automatically turns off.

5. Ethraiel

Ethraiel Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,480
    I dont put my comp to sleep either :p but it did the same thing to me when i tried, unfortunately there's no errors and even from a different script TTS wouldn't work, something is just preventing the command from going through (or something)... not really sure how to address it but ill keep looking into it :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ana*

Ana* H&R Blockhead

Ratings:
    +27,162
    @Ethraiel now it is logging out for no reason, twice so far today

7. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    are you using a vpn? that might be causing issues...Or others have said that they get the logged out message when they get a PRE on the worker site (something im slowly working on) so if you have OW going with a short interval (1 or 2 seconds) try to tone it back to 3 or 4 and that might help. As a sledgehammer fix you can uncheck the "Error Handling" checkbox in the settings, though this will stop the logged out message all together (even when you are logged out) but that can be a bit annoying after you're used to it :\

8. Ana*

Ana* H&R Blockhead

Ratings:
    +27,162
    no VPN, and i wasn't getting PREs at the time. my interval is set at 5.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  9. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I had my TTS die last night again so I had to reboot so I may as well say my setup.

I have a 2 second timer and no VPN currently.

Also.. if we uncheck 'Error Handling' will that allow overwatch to reconnect automatically if it loses connection for a few seconds? I know that Hit finder is graceful in this manner and you actually never need to refresh it.. and panda crazy you just need to click unpause.

10. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    yup if you uncheck error handling the script will just keep trying until you log back in... when that happens everything goes back to normal. gonna release an update sometime today that'll basically make it "double check" to see if we're logged out, we'll see if that helps with any of the issues. (I tried to replicate how HF detects logged out status but failed :p)

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  11. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    @Ana* and @Randomacts let me know if you guys notice any difference with the latest updates

12. Ducky

Ducky Active Turker

Ratings:
    +878
    I came here to check out if there was a solution for the TTS dying as well, I don't think it happens too frequently but it happens every few days or so (5 sec timer, no vpn, use sleep mode). I also get the random logouts but I haven't noticed anything that might be causing it, could just be PRES like you mentioned. i'll check back as well if I notice it's still happening after the update

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ducky

Ducky Active Turker

Ratings:
    +878
    I didn't notice the qual watcher in the last update and decided to try it, but I couldn't get the blocklist to block a requester properly, what am i doing wrong? I tried Speechpad specifically by their name and requester ID and neither seemed to work

Edit: of course after I post I figure it out :p
    didn't think I needed the comma if there was just one there, but that seemed to fix it

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  14. Juniper

Juniper Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,603
    @Ethraiel, the "Running" button randomly switches to "Stopped" at different times, and then will switch back to "Running" again after a couple seconds. I'm also running Hit Finder Beta on the worker site, searching every 5 seconds. So is this just because of PRE's?

15. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    yup, the script will stop for a few seconds when it detects one because they like to keep popping up if you dont

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
  16. LurkinNturkin

LurkinNturkin Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,149
    I've been having trouble importing on Overwatch to combine saved list of requesters from one pc to another. I tried copying the 2 export text fields into one but that didn't work .... Is there an easier way to do it or do I manually add them again ?

I've read as much as I can find on this... I have been able to export and import just fine, my problem is I can't figure out how to combine two exports into one. When I use two different computers at work and home and I mistakenly didn't start exporting and importing from the beginning weeks ago. Now there's quite a difference in the lists and when I import one to the other it erases the previous list of requesters. I feel like I'm missing something obvious but adding the two different export texts together didn't work and neither did removing the small bit of text that I thought might be in the way .

17. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Oh you are trying to combine two exports.. that isn't something that I even considered

Oh and @Ethraiel overwatch has been solid for me since last time we have talked. TTS hasn't died ect.

18. LurkinNturkin

Ratings:
    +1,149
    I've noticed it working really well the last few weeks too by the hits that are posted on the board around the same time/shortly after mine's ding on OW. Also I'm getting a lot more used to it, though. It wouldn't be hard to manually add the requesters together adding them one by one and comparing lists... just figured looking into the answer might help in the long run if I can learn how to manipulate the text/code in the export

19. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    By the way if you haven't tried it yet... check out the text to speech sounds instead of just dings on overwatch.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LurkinNturkin

Ratings:
    +1,149
    I saw that on a video earlier and will try it ... but probably not at work, lol