[Script] Worker.mturk Overwatch Script

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Ethraiel, Nov 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ethraiel

Ethraiel Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,480
    In short i can't think of a way to do what you want simply, without writing code to manipulate the two lists
    The export is strait JSON
    Code:
    {"idDB":{
    "*RID*":{"searchId":"*RID*","userName":"*ANYNAME*","logData":{}},
    "*RID*":{"searchId":"*RID*","userName":"*ANYNAME*","logData":{}},
    "*GID*":{"searchId":"*GID*","userName":"*ANYNAME*","logData":{}}
    },
    ...and similar for the serDB... 
    }

so adding the other list should be as easy as copying one to the other, but there's nothing to check for duplicates in the script so i dont think that would really work. :\
    writing code would be something like this, run just in the console anywhere... (just replace export 1 and 2)

Code:
    var listA = *export1*
    var listB = *export2*

for (var x in listA.idDB) {
    if (listB.idDB[x]){
    console.log("dupe");
    }
    else{
    listB.idDB[x] = {};
    listB.idDB[x].searchId = x;
    listB.idDB[x].userName = listA.idDB[x].userName;
    listB.idDB[x].logData = {};
    console.log("Transferred " + listA.idDB[x].userName);
    }
           }
    console.log(JSON.stringify(listB));

that works for the IDs so something similar should work for the searches if you need it

2. LurkinNturkin

LurkinNturkin Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,149
    There's no limit on requesters you can add is there?

3. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    There is no hard limit. Chrome has a limit on the amount of characters localStorage can save but it's quite a large number.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Huh this morning is the first time in a long time that I have seen overwatch go silent on me.

Error handling is still unchecked.. I'll go reboot now to fix it >.>

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  5. LurkinNturkin

LurkinNturkin Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,149
    Can I block a certain hit from a requester using "edit block list" and entering in the hit or group ID? Or does this only work for blocking requesters entirely?

6. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    Only requesters unfortunately, and only names at that. Im planning on doing a better blocklist when i finally get to updating it, but for now there's no way to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. slothbear

slothbear Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,069
    Hey @Ethraiel, how's it going. Came across a requester id with a length of 20, so you should slap that into idChecker() whenever you update.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Eisenpower

Eisenpower Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,870
    I cannot, for the life of me, get OW's blocklist to work. Am I doing something wrong?

OW Blocklist.png

9. WalkingEmphasis

WalkingEmphasis Active Turker

Ratings:
    +455
    Hi there, @Ethraiel. I realized a little while ago that the Qual Watcher option stopped working for me. I talked with someone else who uses it and they're also experiencing the problem, and we think it's been happening for at least a couple of weeks. I see that you haven't posted for a while, but maybe you'll see this and can help us out. I'd hate to lose that option because I think it's really valuable.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    @Ethraiel

Every so often the script will kind of get broken and it won't let me change settings. The only solution is to nuke the script from orbit and restore from a backup but that is actually kind of hard to do and resetting it this time still left it with a bug so I obviously didn't fully reset it.

I don't think that the blocklist actually works... :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    Hey guys I've been really busy with lots of random things lately. So sorry for not updating and keeping things working. The blocklist should work with what you have there so if it's giving you problems then it'd require going into the code. The qual watcher has to be redone, (finally noticed i wasn't seeing anymore a couple days ago) but that's not going to be anytime soon. I'm posting what should be v 2.0 (I redid quite a bit of the code) on pastebin if anyone is interested.
    @Randomacts sorry forgot to mention your issue. There's only one thing i can think that would cause that, which is that your settings object is from an old version and the script (for some reason) isn't recognizing that. If it's persisting through clearing your cookies then im at a complete loss :(
    a quick run through of the features i changed and why im not posting it to GF

-the blocklist is just the ignore list now, you click a watcher to make it red, that will stay red (even if you close chrome) until you click it again. Even when you export the state 'ignored' is saved to the export. On reload all red watchers are moved to the bottom of your watchlist so you in essence can create a blocklist right under your watchlist (mine looks kinda neat actually)
    - A function (unique to your settings) will be created when you load OW, it will run through all of the settings and create a function that doesn't have unnecessary if blocks (a little learning project for me but it should reduce the load on your cpu/memory)
    -a setting for 'compact watchlist' with variables in the top of the code to adjust to your preferences.
    -right click on watchers to delete them and set an "alarm" for them (I actually use the alarm myself and wrote it (with rdan) for personal use but it is neat for some things when im afk and figured i'd throw it in) ****OW must have the whole screen for the right click context menu to behave correctly.****

i was really proud of all of this and ready to put it on GF but when i was running through the bugs and testing things i discovered a memory leak when OW is put in the background. Garbage collection works just fine when it's in the foreground, but minimizing it does something that just causes it to crash after about half an hour for me. I haven't been able to fix that, and i don't think i'll have many hours to really sit down and work on it in the near future.
    It also uses eval() to create the function from your settings. I researched plenty of other ways to do it, and i think i may have stumbled on one of the rare cases where eval should actually be used, but it's still viewed as bad practice, and thus made me shy away from posting especially considering the memory leak.
    All that bad stuff being said, i've been using it exclusively for about a month now and haven't had any problems (Though of course backup your watchers and such if you decide to try it out)
    https://pastebin.com/2n7aK1zz

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Soooo I just cleared cookiies bam nuked everything when I was having issues today and tried the new 2.0 verison even but I can't get that one working at all. (It won't accept my import) and the old one reinstalled won't allow me to change the settings so it is stuck at the default 10 seconds.

Sigh I guess that I will be moving everything over to hit finder's include list as it is basically broken for me now.

13. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Yeah, my old import wasn't compatible with the new system. I don't remember how I got it back to work, but it was some kind of method of nuking stuff I think.

14. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    @Randomacts try clearing your cookies AND your cache pile

15. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Nevermind, I have no idea what I'm talking about lol. I just tried a bunch of different things to see what the cause might be and all my theories went down lol. But, I had the same problem as you and I ended up just nuking that stuff to get it back working. I just know the import on the new one causes OW to break for both.

16. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073

Because of this I am moving to HF tonight sigh I legit like overwatch more

17. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    I think it'd definitely be worth it to get it back working if you can. I've had OW catch stuff that HF didn't. I just tried it out on Chrome's Canary and had those problems. But, I managed to get the old one back working. I said I would test it out later, but I haven't been turking in a while.

18. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Running HF at 1 second with $0.00 reward and latest would allow HF to find everything that OW is able to find. (those are the settings that OW uses)

19. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    I usually run one OW at 2, one HF at 2, and one HF at 4. OW never seems to miss for me.

20. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    That is an issue to bring up with @Kadauchi but OW shouldn't be able to see more than HF.