[Script] Worker.mturk Overwatch Script

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Ethraiel, Nov 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Kadauchi

Kadauchi Administrator Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +8,589
    This isn't a script issue. There are so many things that go into what will gets returned from mturk that all the script or even just visiting the site won't return the same information.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Eisenpower

Eisenpower Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Yeah, I'm not saying it is. They are a bit different. I just know OW has save my ass on a few HITs. I use both to watch stuff though. Best of both worlds! :emoji_grin:

• Love Love x 1
  3. Ethraiel

Ethraiel Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,480
    Not really sure what to say about it... without any errors or data to work with i'd just be taking a shot in the dark trying to help. The part of the script i think your issue is coming from is the "setSettings" function, it uses a version number to allow me to add or remove settings for newer versions. You could try manually changing the version number in your export or digging into that function in the code, but that might be a pain. Honestly switching to HF doesn't hurt my feelings, it's a great script and with the settings set how you mentioned it should be able to do anything OW can (except look as overwhelmingly badass :p jk jk). Like i said above, i wont have much time to work on things any time soon, so switching, if OW is giving you problems, is probably the prudent thing to do.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Yeah I was able to get HF's include setup it just doesn't handle TTS nearly as nicely as OW ever did :(

You can't mute or change the TTS volume for example or even change the voice. I kept waiting for Kad to fix shit before I moved over because I have known for awhile that you don't have the time to maintain OW and I was just kind of forced to move over yesterday even if it honestly isn't a fully featured replacement yet

5. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    Add it in yourself :) i turned the original HS into something way better just with a couple lines of code in the right place. The api for TTS is pretty straight forward and you can use the code in OW as a template for editing that part of HF.

6. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Editing MTS is an undertaking I'm not ready to take and I would have redo that change every time he updated and make sure that it didn't break anything ect.

7. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    Ah! i thought he had all those scripts on GF separate (could have just used the GF version for HF). I guess you're out of luck :\

8. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Hah nope the greasyfork version of HF is outdated as fuck and has lots of bugs.

Now that doesn't mean that it is impossible to edit it. You just need to grab it from github instead. https://github.com/Kadauchi/mturk-suite

9. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    How do I go about getting you the errors and data stuff?

10. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    For errors you can open the console and if you can 'cause' the problem to occur again, most times an error will get printed there. Data was just me being general, if your problem involves settings, it'd be good to know what they are. Or if your watchlist isn't exporting, it'd be nice to know if you've got a whole bunch of search strings with @ symbols and quotation marks. Basically all the info i can get helps :)

11. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Ok, I'll pm that stuff to you later.

12. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    @Ethraiel

@Eisenpower was telling me what you told him and it ended up being A04050801SMHZLQ78O7XH that was breaking it for me. (that is a requesterID lol) I was able to add the requesterid back in afterwards without any issues as well as far as I am able to tell :dunno:

13. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Oh shit, that actually is the Requester ID. I thought that was the Group ID lol wtf

14. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    lol yup

15. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    Ahhhhhhh! ok that makes sense... Silly amazon not making IDs standardized. If you put in a req id and the watcher that's created is shaded like a search term then it means OW doesn't recognize it as an ID.... it should just default to a search term so not really sure why that would break anything... but it'll give me a good start on figuring out what to do with it.

Thanks for keeping with it :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I tried to use HF's include list and honestly although I end up using a bit more PREs with OW it works a lot better. HF doesn't have a way to mute chrome's TTS for example.

17. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    And there's no way to have search terms.

18. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    You can totally search by terms in hit finder if I am understanding it correctly.

19. Eisenpower

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Using the include list? Kada told me it has to be an exact match to a HIT or requester for it to work. Unless you're talking about something else.

20. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    No but I didn't realize that. It didn't throw any errors so I assumed that it worked lol.