[Script] Worker.mturk Overwatch Script

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Ethraiel, Nov 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ethraiel

Ethraiel Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,480
    That shouldn't happen. There's no settings in OW itself that would cause that. The only thing I can think of is that you're somehow clearing your cookies every time you close the window. That might be a chrome setting? I'm not sure. Are you in incognito mode or anything like that?

2. Uncaged

Uncaged Turker

Ratings:
    +160
    I do have to clear cookies from time to time. My son also uses my computer, but I also use it for work so I clear cookies and websites so he doesn't accidentally pull up my work stuff. Turkmaster used to save the watches in it's own separate database that clearing cookies did not affect. I guess I assumed OW did something similar. But it apparently does not?

3. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    It uses localStorage so clearing cookies will delete everything it saves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  4. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    So with www pandas being gimped right now for whatever reason it might be a good idea to move overwatch over to www. I know that worker is faster ect but it might be better if that was possible for right now... until the meta of mturk changes again.

I looked at the code and it looks like a decent amount of stuff would need to be changed to get it working on www but you prob would know better seeing as it is your baby. For now I'll just slow down overwatch a bunch and move hit finder beta (userscript version) over to www I guess.

@Ethraiel

5. leafs4_cup

leafs4_cup Ugly Mug

Ratings:
    +31,260
    It would be a pretty big re-write, and based on how some of our scripters have been treated lately, I'm not holding my breath.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. UCOTC

UCOTC Active Turker

Ratings:
    +612
    For the muggles in the house, please expand on what you mean by "gimped."

In the past I though WWW was 500? Msec ahead of Worker, so I had PC set up to use WWW.

Much more recently I've seen claims that j-los work on Worker but not on WWW, and in fact this morning I switched PC over after getting shut out recently, and had a lot more success. But I couldn't swear that was the reason it happened, and if there's "science" here, I'd like to understand it instead of one-offs or speculation.

I haven't been active here the last 3 days, so sorry if I missed a big discussion.

7. Eisenpower

Eisenpower Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,870
    For some reason www pandas aren't catching them like they used to. If the HIT was available, it would catch, but www only seems to catch if it's available on the MTurk platform view. So, like when you used to be able to catch it even if the site showed there were no hits, it isn't doing that anymore pretty much except for worker.

8. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Ah if it is a big change I'll just use hit finder on www

9. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    Hey everybody, sorry for not being around much lately.
    WWW is a sinking ship imo and i just don't want to spend the time parsing through the html return data for something that isn't going to be very useful in the future, probably near future. If someone wanted to put in the work, and host a forked OW somewhere I'd be cool with that, but as far as i'm concerned, it wouldn't be worth the effort.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Eisenpower

Eisenpower Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,870
    I really hope you're wrong about that. The worker site is still ass imo

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    It's one of those things i'd be happy to be wrong about :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    @Ethraiel

Uh I just noticed that overwatch stopped saving my watchers after a refresh.... I'm going to go ahead and upgrade from that old pastebin version to the current gf and hope that stops being an issue lol

13. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    so i think i saw all the tags. You just export then import your watchlist to clean up the localstorarge, and for that one RID breaking things, i'd use a partial name in that case, it'd be better than hoping they don't post again :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    If it wasn't for rekogs dropping I would have dug into it deeper but I got it working again on a new profile on chrome. I was still having issues with adding new requesters at all but I'll debug it it when it isn't raining money.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Purging it and restoring seems to have fixed it but dunno I'll keep an eye on it to make sure.

• Like Like x 1
  16. WildFlower

WildFlower Survey Slinger FF Champion II

Ratings:
    +4,950
    @Ethraiel My OW isn't saving when I change the settings (interval and volume primarily). It worked as early as late last night, but not any right. When I inspect for errors it says - Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) and next to it says overwatch and hovering over it is the URL for overwatch. This comes underneath Your settings<object<object and Your watchlist<object.

Any way to fix this? I already tried uninstalling and re-installing, but same thing still happening.

17. GooseMcD

GooseMcD Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,286
    Mine is no longer saving either, was there a fix for this?

18. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    Take a fresh export and import it. Let me know if that doesnt work.

19. WildFlower

WildFlower Survey Slinger FF Champion II

Ratings:
    +4,950
    Thanks for getting back to me. I tried a fresh export and still have the same error and no ability to save. To be sure, I also deleted related cookies so when I reloaded Overwatch it was empty, but still the same error. Worth noting that I can still add new requesters fine. Clicking import and export still works, it's just Save that doesn't appear to be working correctly.

@GooseMcD , my current workaround (I like different settings for day, night, and weekend) is to alter the most recent Export I have saved in Notepad. For me, that just means changing the volume and search frequency settings. I can import fine and the settings change to what I want as if I was able to do it regularly and hit save. Not perfect, but at least it's something in the meantime.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
  20. GooseMcD

GooseMcD Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,286
    Yes!!!! Thank you! I didnt realise I could alter those things. My export/import still works fine. I just cant save settings. I just did it this way and it worked. That's better than what I had going on before. I'll do this until we can find out whats going on. <3

• Love Love x 1