[Solved] MTurk Suite - unresolved "Block List" issue

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Lemon Lime, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Lemon Lime

Lemon Lime New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Goal: Start over with an empty MTurk Suite Block List, and ADD THINGS BACK as necessary.

Problem: Thanks to those that responded, but my MTS Block List issue is unresolved (and frustrating). Perhaps someone can advise me further? I previously posted about the problem here:

https://forum.turkerview.com/threads/unblock-invisible-requesters-hits-on-mts-block-list.3504/

NOTE: I typically filter by "HITs I'm qualified to work on;" 0.01 and up. The issues I'm having tonight and previously occur(ed) with these filters enabled.

Long story short: I had HITs for which I was thoroughly qualified (at least on the main HIT Groups pages) NOT appear anywhere on my Block List (by Requester, HIT title, or name). I was able to accept and work on one of these blocked HITs, so lacking / not meeting a qual isn't the issue.

Exported my Block List multiple times, but never found the exported .json files on my Mac. Tonight, I copy / pasted the Block List (Requesters, HIT titles, names) to a text file, so at least I'd have it in that format. Then deleted the entire Block List via the "Delete All" button. (Also cleared Chrome cache and cookies, and logged out and back into MTurk.)

Yet the problem persists:

(1) My Block List is now visibly EMPTY, yet I can see a total of 166 blocked HITs (red rows when I click "Show Blocked" on the "HIT Groups pages)!

(2) Some of tonight's persistent blocked HITs - like the cybersecurity ones from Cyber Pilot - were ones I qualified for on the HIT Groups page, but added to my Block List some time ago (don't have the background for them). Figured I'd just block them again tonight, but THEY'RE STILL VISIBLY BLOCKED (red rows)!

(3) Other blocked (red row) HITs on my HIT Groups pages include several NOT on the Block List I just deleted!

Why are these 166 HITs still blocked even though technically they shouldn't be because my Block List is now empty?

What to do???

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  2. Lemon Lime

Lemon Lime New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    AHA! I just had an idea to resolve this issue which WORKED!

I was looking around on the MTS options page and noticed that the "Block Location: Treat HITs in locations other than your own like blocked HITs" box was clicked. I suddenly remembered clicking that box awhile back but forgetting about it afterwards. So, I unclicked it and...problem solved! Figure I'll leave this thread up in case it helps anyone else. :)

• Like Like x 1